Create and implement all health and fitness programs for the Jack Satter House Community residents in Revere. Looking for someone who can do fulltime or part-time hours.
II. Core Competencies:
· Must be able to teach and motivate elders effectively.
· Strong customer service, teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
· Ability to promote good relations in-house and with outside vendors.
· Demonstrate flexibility, adjusting behavior, style or schedule as circumstances change.
· Must care deeply about supporting and assisting seniors in maintaining healthy, happy and fulfilling lifestyles.
III. Position Responsibilities:
· Manages the day-to-day operations of the Satter fitness program.
· Executes and manages compliance to all HSL policy and procedural manuals.
· Conducts supervised exercise sessions as well as creates and implements individual exercise programs for residents and outpatient population (where applicable).
· Conducts fitness consultations, physical performance evaluations and ADL/QOL questionnaires.
· Conducts annual resident program surveys.
· Records and tabulates participant and programmatic data.
· Plans, budgets, and controls fitness inventory.
· Operates within an annual health and fitness budget.
· Maintains outside vendor information.
· Organizes all aspects of the fitness program schedule.
· Trains subordinate exercise staff (when/where applicable).
· Recruits and supervises all exercise contractors.
· Ensures that all fitness facilities and areas are orderly and well maintained.
· Participates in community outreach activities and programs.
· Attends and contributes to fitness and administration staff meetings and is expected to be a part of an interdisciplinary wellness team.
· Follows the rules as set by the individual site Employee Handbook.
· A Bachelor’s degree in exercise physiology/science or related field and/or a minimum certification level equal to the ACSM Health and Fitness Specialist (HFS), and current CPR certification.
· Minimum of 1-year experience in senior exercise setting.
· Knowledge of aging and disability issues required.
· Computer proficiency, i.e. ability to use MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Must be able to recognize exercise contraindications and refer to appropriate health professional.
· Must be able to recognize signs of fatigue, injury and physiological stress and respond appropriately.
V. Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds and have the ability to assist residents’ on/off exercise equipment.